




Another day in the office, feeling bored so I browsed through all my received files. Found some pictures my bf sent few months ago.Picture 1: Pancake
Picture 2: Beef with Italian herbs and garlic potatoes
Picture 3: Hamburger with mushrooms and potatoes
Picture 4: hmm.. I'm not sure. Is it pork stir fry or beef? Well.. either way, it's with mushrooms and vegies
Picture 5: Fettucine with minced beef and melted cheese on it (see that?!)
Picture 6: Ravioli with mushrooms and cheese
Picture 7: Chocolate tiramisu
Picture 8: Dumplings and the sauce (made from scratch)
(* All pics copyrighted by Kennie)
I miss my bf's cook. He's a great cook really.. he can cook almost any fancy dishes from beef, chicken, salmon, pork for the main meal. It can be pasta, fried rice, steak, hamburger and also mapo tofu. Salad is for appetizer while for breakfast he usually serves pancakes, cheese toast (with french bread), french toast with cinnamon, chocolate sandwich (with french bread) oh.. and of course don't forget about the double chocolate brownies. For the snack, he made me baked-cheese asparagus, onion rings and dumplings. And last but not least, for dessert.. he usually made tiramisu (coffee/chocolate) and blended ice/smoothies.
It's kinda dangerous to live with him for more than 2 weeks. I can gain almost 2 kg by just eating those food. Especially because he made it specially for me (re: extra mushrooms and extra cheese). And also because I can't get enough of it every time I try one.
Years back, only women allowed to cook in the kitchen while men try to get a job to earn some money for his family. What about now? Almost all cooks in famous restaurants are men. Even the restaurant I once worked in Melbourne 2 years ago. The wife (who I used to call auntie) will serves all the guests and wait behind the cash register while her husband and his brothers (the uncles) stay in the kitchen and cook.
You know.. this change might be good for the future as some modern women (re: me) don't cook that often nowadays. It's really hard for me when society tends to compare me with my bf about this kitchen thing. I can't win against him, he's just THAT good while I have tasteless tongue :p I remember one comment my x-housemate made when he came home and found me cooking fried rice in the kitchen, "What the hell are you cooking, mate? It smells like burning tires!" then he opened all the windows and doors (-_-).
Tried to learn something from my bf, though. I've imitated his pasta although maybe the taste is somewhat different, but the good thing is we both didn't have any stomachache after we ate that. So it's a good sign, yes?
Yang kamu bikin enak kokk.. bener deh ;D
ReplyDeleteada yang vliz bikin enak ? koq kaya kebalik gini ya ?
ReplyDeleteresee.. anonymous ari banget seehh
ReplyDelete