Saturday, June 16, 2007

Bye Bye Old School

I went to my elementary school today for a meeting with my old schoolmates. So sad.. it's about to be torn down. I have many memories in that old dirty building. Have lived my childhood for 9 years there. Every single spot, every single room has something to remember by.
We had the meeting at Dhammasalla, near the kindergarden classes, the classes I used to attend 13 years ago. Almost everything has changed in that school. Only the Dhammasalla that still stay as what I remembered back then. The first time I remembered when I went in, is the day my religion teacher asked my class to meditate there for 15 minutes, after a few quiet minutes.. I was beginning to feel bored and wanted to open my eyes when suddenly a loud sound came behind us all but no one turn their back to see what it is. After the 15 mins over, our teacher, Pak Arifin, applauded us for being so concentrate that no one's opened their eyes at all. I smiled lightly and joined my friends who were already making a circle to discuss about the thing we're going to have for the next 2 weeks.

The meeting was short. Only 1 hour but we chatted and laughed for another 1 hour. Then we left that place together while giving out our memories about each places we passed by. Our 6th grade class becomes a canteen. One stairway that used to lead us to 'computer center' (it's really only a small room with few computers in it) has gone. The cage that usually filled with monkeys or birds, is now empty. Our 3rd grade class is now a 6th grade class with only about 9 or 10 tables in there which means there are at most 20 students attend that class.

We talked about the game we played, our memories there.. maybe we're the only generation that still in contact with our classmates and who really care about that old school. If it's a human, I can imagine what he's going to look like. He must be very old.. and smiles a lot.. always smilling to every single students there. But now he says to us "I'm tired.. and I'm ready to go."

I had my first crush there, I have my achievements there.. achievements that I've been very proud of til now. Before we went out, I took my last glance at the building.... hhh.. I'm gonna really miss that school.. the school that introduced me to some of my bestest friends.. the school where I had my laughes, my shed tears, my dissapointments, my proudest moments... and my childhood memories.


Well.. at least I'm going to have 3 more times to spend with that school before finally there'll be nothing more. Reality bites!

3 comments:

  1. emang tu skolah masi ada ya moy? gw kira udah tinggal kenangan. Biasa kalo lewat kota yg keliatan papan nama toko buah, dan kalo diperatiin bener2 baru keliatan sariputranya :P

    eniway, good memory last forever yah =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gila lo.. masi ada tuh.. sampe akhir bulan ini at least T_T
    Itu senior2 skolahan lo.. hahahhaa.. 75 taon men :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to know.

    ReplyDelete