Friday, August 24, 2007

Locked Inside and Out

Today is an unforgettable day, really.
I had a stomachache early this morning which made me woke up much earlier than I should. Went to the office, almost didn't get a parking space in the basement. I was thinking about what to say to my dealer, whom I've promised to, that I'll come to his place this morning. Luckily, he's sick so I didn't have to make any excuse. Instead, I stayed in the office and work like always.

After work, I went to Puri to get haircut together with my mom. As usual, I parked my car at the South wing because it's so easy and yet so close to the mall entry (Galeri Keris department store). At 6.30, I met my mom and had a pre-dinner at Oh-la-la cafe before we went to the salon. My deal has finished after 1 hour, it's already 8 o'clock. My mom was still waiting for her coloring thing and her manicure&pedicure. At 9, my mom started to get her hair cuts.. and still have the 'blow' thing. It's all finished at 9.57 p.m. I was afraid that the department will be close and we have to walk a lil bit from the SBuck door - the West wing. Unfortunately, my guess's right. So we went out from the West wing and walk to the South wing, the entry gate where I parked my car... but it was closed! I was shocked. Afraid of something might happen to us, remembering that there're so so many 'ojek' peeps and 'angkot' peeps, I told my mom to keep walking. I was hoping we can get inside from the exit gate which should be not too far from that. Again I was wrong, after walked almost 1/3 of the mall, in the dark, in hurry, scared..with feet full of pain (I was in heels and wearing a mini skirt)... we found out that the exit gate was also has closed. So I thought, maybe we can get inside from the basement, I was just telling my mom to wait at the East wing while I went to the basement, took the car and pick her up there... when we saw 3 securities near the exit gate. So I asked them about how to get inside the gate and they told us to go to the basement using the lift near their post.

The place was so dark and secluded.. and the lift just wouldn't open. We went outside and asked for help from the security guy again. He checked the lift... just to tell us that it's not working, D'oh! I was afraid that he just gonna tell us to walk around to the East wing to get inside the basement. Luckily, instead of making my feet hurt more, he opened the south wing exit gate and let us in. I gave him a 'thank you' money and walked asap to my car. I checked the basement, it wasn't closed yet, thank God. I started my car engine and drove it in and out the basement. We laughed all the way home.

Well, I guess we just have to laugh at our foolish act and promise ourselves not to do the same mistake twice. My suggestion: Don't park your car at the South wing if you intend watch midnight or hang out in Sbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment