Monday, August 20, 2007

An average girl living an average life

4.20 pm today, I was driving home. On that 45 minutes driving, I figured out many things about my life. I realized, I'm in so much stress nowadays mainly because I was just being too cynical.. too negative.

I've got a job, which pays good money.. no hard competitions there.. no insecurity for me.. have friends I can hang out with at lunch time.. not too many hard work.. well, there're bad things there but I can stand it actually if only I try harder. I always complaint on this and that.. but rarely grateful for what I have right now.
I have a good boyfriend and a good relationship, I have a good family, friends, and best friends. I have car of my own.. I have freedom.. I have my own room.. I have health.. what I don't have is chocolate :p that and also... perfectness.

Nothing is perfect in my life right now... but none of them sucks as well. They are just....average. Like me. You know, when you feel like you can do almost everything and they say you're perfect when the fact is that you can do all those things so-so but not great. You're just average. Well, that's me and that's my life. There's nothing wrong with that, I suppose.. if you don't seek for perfectness that is.

I have great best friends, but they're in other countries so I can't hang out with them. Same case occurs for my relationship with my boyfriend. My job and my office are well...not great, but not too bad. I guess I had too high hopes. I need to lower my standard for everything. In the end, it will gets better. My boyfriend's coming home in 2 weeks, that's a good start.

2 comments:

  1. Oh come on.. you're not just an average girl.. you are really special.. to your boyfriend and also to others, including the company. I know that you are one of the very few in the company who actually does a good job (and do a lot of work). What do others do when they don't feel like doing their job? They pass their work to you..and you a lot of times get them done...while complaining, yes.. but who doesn't complain when one has to do everything while the others do little?

    And lowering standard? That's a no-no for anything..including life. What do companies get when they lower their standards? Complaints, customers then look somewhere else, and finally the company fails. What does a person get for lowering their standard? At some point, the person will say, "Oh hey..it's fine that I only earn a little" then, "Oh well, it's okay I don't have a job" and in the end.. it may get to "Oh well, I should be grateful that I can live even though I don't have a home". Why does the poor seem to stay poor and the rich gets richer? The rich may get more opportunities than the poor, but does not mean the poor don't get any opportunities...most of the time they just never take those opportunities because they don't want to raise their standards...they don't have a drive to improve their lives. They prefer to wait for someone to suddenly "feed" them. Well, I don't blame them really. Sometimes it's just these thoughts never occur to them, which is why I think good education should be accessible to everyone.

    But anyway, never lower your standards for anything, ok? Yes, we should be grateful for what we have right now, but we must also be grateful for the opportunities to improve our lives by taking them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah.. commentnya hampir sepanjang blognya.. tapi I agree kok. ;D

    ReplyDelete