Monday, October 19, 2009

Indonesian and their common sense

Earthquakes.. yeah, it becomes really familiar to us in these few months.
I experienced it 2 times in 1 month now. Both of them was happened when I was in my 9-floors-office on the 3rd floor. People got scared and panicked.. I told them not to use the stairs because it will be the first place to collapsed but no one hear it. Fortunately, nothing serious happened. Only few cracks on the wall, mostly placed at the stairways as you can see in the pictures.

Anyway, you know what Indonesian did after the earthquake? 60% of them panicked because they left their valuables inside the building when they ran away. 10% of those 60% screamed "OMG, my Blackberry is inside too!!" coz of course.. that's the kind of thing they need to survive... not food, but mobile phones.
Then a few minutes later, I saw most of them update their status in Facebook to "It's an earthquake!!" or "Did you feel an earthquake??"
I was like "Of course they did, you dumb-ass.. and everyone knows there's an earthquake just now.. so why do you have to go and announce it again?"

While not many of them, tried to call their family and friends to make sure that they're okay too. When I said not many, I meant less than 20 people (out of hundreds of people in those 9 floors building). Shocking, huh? Apparently, most of Indonesian care more about their existence in Facebook rather than their own family.

The same thing happened the 2nd time. But this time, I was taking my time to turned off my laptop and electricity, stored it in the safe place, took my bag and waited for my friend that went to the pantry to take her 'bento' before finally came down the stairs and went home, leaving all the people who seems to be very busy with their mobile phones.

One suggestion from me, don't access Facebook 10 minutes after the earthquake because it will come out as an ERROR. I guess it caused by the flood of Indonesian accessing that same website at the same time.

And when you finally can access it, if you have lots of Indonesian friends, your news feed will be filled by 'earthquake status' and 'questions about God'. Which brings me into another point... People who talks and talks about God, people who quotes a bible everyday and people who says his prayer everyday in Facebook...actually never done anything to can make the world a better place to live.
Somewhat typical of Indonesian, they like to talk but never do anything.

Don't ask is the earthquake happens because God is angry? Or because God is testing human and other crap questions like that.
Earthquake happens because of us, human. No one can be blamed other than ourselves.
Who made the icebergs melt in Antartic? Human.
Who made the UV light to be the cause of skin cancer? Human.
Who caused the GLOBAL WARMING? Freakin human.

Now, don't say that I'm mean when I say that I don't give a damn about those UNICEF crap. I have my reason and it's to reduce the number of human in the world. Why is there so many kids that is homeless and whatever? It's because their parents didn't think when they're having sex that they will 'create' another human... human that can, and will, destroy the earth.

While people of the world starts to re-think of their action and some of them started something called 'Reuse, Reduce, Recycle", Indonesian even can't interpret those 3 words to the exact meaning. Whilst asking God why earthquakes happened often in Indonesia, they are still smoking (re: making pollution) and trash the earth. Stupid stupid Indonesian.

No wonder if Mother Nature is angry, the first place They will destroy is Indonesia islands. And when it happens, I guess they will reach for their Blackberry and say their goodbye in Facebook/Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment