No, I'm not saying NEC notebooks is not good, in fact it was one of my favorite brand -notebook wise- beside Fujitsu- and before last week.
I used the NEC Versa E600. I bought it in 2003 for my college years.. after 2 years usage, one day, the notebook was broken and never be the same again. I went to the service center though, it was PBN at Ratu Plaza 3rd floor. I got it back 3 days later and working.
But I've bought a desktop so I didn't use my NEC that often again.
Last month, I was wondering if the NEC still works properly. When I turned it on, unfortunately it can't go in to Windows. So I brought it to the same service center, the PBN. It's on the 14th September 2008 at 13.00.
When I turned it on there, I was surprised to find out that the system went up until the windows login page. However, I found out that the keyboard is malfunctioning. It keeps typing --------- even when I'm not touching the keyboard at all. So I asked them to fix it for me. I was served by a woman named ATIK. She said that it will took a whole day to back up the data and to fix it. So I asked her if she can install the original windows there too, to replace the fake one that is installed in my NEC. She said okay. Then she gave me a paper stating the price of the service is Rp 330.000,-.
The next day, I came back to get my laptop at 15.00. I met a guy, don't know his name, I asked about my laptop and he said that they're still backing up my data (the total size of my data is less than 40GB). Then he said that they need another 3 hours to finish the job. But because of the shop is closed on 18.00, he told me to go back again the next day. Confused and quite irritated (because it took me more than 45 minutes to get to Ratu Plaza), I said yes.
2 days later, I came back again. Guess what? They are still backing up my data! I was angry. First they told me they need one day to do the job, but after 4 days, still back up! I can do it in 2 hours, for God sake!! I gave them a piece of my mind, but can't do anything so I told them that I will come back after the Hari Raya long holiday because I have a business trips until then.
On the 8th of October 2008, I called them via telephone. A woman answered. I asked them if my notebook is finished. They told me "Yea, we finished your notebook long ago. You can take it if you want." So on the 18th October 2008, I went there and met this woman (not ATIK) and said to her politely that I want to take my laptop. There are 2 other customers. She went in to the service room, get out with my notebook in her hand and she asked me "The keyboard was malfunctioning. Do you want to replace it or not?"
I was shocked. WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO FOR THE LAST ONE MONTH IF NOT REPAIRING MY KEYBOARD?!!!
I asked her "He? You haven't done it? You didn't repair it?" She looks confused. Then ATIK came out from the room and said "Yea, we can't fix the keyboard. It has to be replaced. Do you want to replace it or not?"
I asked her again, "Why didn't you say anything when I called last week???!"
She couldn't answered.
"So you didn't fix my notebook, WHAT DID YOU DO?"
"We did the back up"
"The hell! I can do it myself, I don't need you to do it"
"We also installed the original window"
"I can just buy one"
ATIK then shut her mouth and went back into the service room without saying anything. The other woman instead, had to served me.
Wanting to scold someone, I asked her quite loudly (as the other 2 customers are now staring at me) "So you didn't do anything to the notebook?"
"We did the back up and the restore"
"That took you a month??!"
"..."
"So how much do I have to pay?"
"330.000"
"So this money is for nothing yea?" I put the money on the table.
She stayed quite but she's writing an invoice for the payment. It took some time so I scolded her again. "So I came back and forth here a few times.. really just wasting my time and money.."
She didn't say anything but after a while, she gave me the invoice. I took it from her hand, grabbed my notebook in my hand and say loudly "THANK YOU FOR THE INVOICE"
The best part was when I tested my notebook. Not just my keyboard still typing ----------- by itself, now my touch pad also didn't work. So really, I have to thank PBN for RUINING MY NOTEBOOK.
So again.. I told you: DON'T BUY NEC NOTEBOOKS.... CAUSE THE SERVICE CENTER SUCKS!!!
amoy2 dodol mendingan kasi gua 300 rb nya gua suru orang di kantor benerin LOL parahhh. lo mo windows asli ? mo yang mana ? vista ? XP ? wakakakkakaka ada semua duh duh kasian dah lo
ReplyDeleteHi.. before i bought my Toshiba Laptop i was thinking to buy NEC because my friend has got one and it looks so cute.. :-D
ReplyDeleteBut I endep with Toshiba because the price was reasonable for me.. anyway, during 1 year i have three problems with my laptop. First, the adaptor suddenly couldn't charge so i brought it to the Service Centre and i got the new one just for a couple of days..
2nd.. the "T" on the keyboard couldn't work and took 4-5 days for them to repair it.
3rd.. the battery.. couldn't charging but i put it off and put it back again and it worked so i didn't have to bring my laptop back to the service center.
The point is, sometimes good "Brand" isn't always guarantee for good service or even product but also depends on our luck. hehehe..
btw, nice writing.
mahal banget emang, bukannya seharusnnya gratis yah? kalo service doang? kipas gw pernah mati, eh katanya cuman di bersihin doang, terus bayar 250rb, itu juga setelah di marah2in sama bonyok gw.. kalo gw dapet 300rb an tuh.. najis.. bokap gw aja service notebook axioo aja gratis selama masih garansi.. sucks, gw jg keratu plasa..
ReplyDelete