Monday, July 16, 2007

Dating Rules

Last night, I was watching this reality show called 'No. 1 Single' in E! Didn't know about it before, after all I just turned the TV on because I'm bored. Then the show started to get interesting. It was about a 37 years old women, fairly attractive I must say.. but hasn't got any boyfriend. She already thinking about marriage and having kids and all that, but first thing first. She has to find a husband. So she started to date guys. In that episode, this girl dated a 30 years old man. Cute, smart, and sweet. Then she came to her girlfriends for advices and opinions about her 1st date with that guy. One sentence that took my whole attention towards the show was when one of her friends told her "You acted too much like a man." So I paid a little more attention to the show as the girl had a 2nd date with the same guy. During the date, the girl thought about all the advices her girlfriends gave to her. "Let him decide where to go and what to do" "Do not babbling about little things" "Go with his suggestion" "Let him open the door for you" this last one quite interesting for me because I used to open the door for my friends, either girls or boys. I got a lesson from it.

Then the last part was really hit me, they went out shopping for the girl's office and when they were about to pay.. the girl thought "I really confused, but she (her friend) told me that I should let him pay.. oh God.. can I let him pay??" and the girl just stood there even after the cashier finished checking their stuff. The total cost was almost $300. This girl still didn't do anything and the guy said "It's on me" and the girl asked "Is it okay?" "Yea sure" "Thank you so much" and they went out of the store.

After the date, the girl once again chatted with her girlfriends and told them about her date. None of them think that it's a wrong thing to let the guy paid for the stuff she bought. Matter fact, they said "You did a great job.. and he's so sweet to pay all that.." but the girl still couldn't careless about it, she said "I just feel wrong.."

This girl, her personality in that show is much alike me. She's independent that for sure. When she rearrange her furnitures for a party she made, she moved the sofas herself without asking her guy friends who were there to help her. One of her girlfriends stood by the kitchen, eating snacks and said "What are you doing? Let the guys do all the hard works!" Well if it's me, I'll do the same thing as the girl.. I'll take care of stuff even the heavy ones as long as I can do it by myself, I won't ask for other peeps' helps.

Because of she thinks that her girlffriends do not have the same way of thinking, she met the author of 'Dating for dummies' for a consultation. All I can remember, she only has been told to "play by her rules" so don't ask for other people's way because it's not hers.
So by the 3rd date, she paid the $300 back to the guy while saying "It's wrong to let you paid for all those.. it was so sweet, though.. thank you" and broke up with that guy because of their age difference.

It made me think... all this time, I've been complaining about my dates who used to treat me like a guy or at least less than a girl.... was that their fault or it happened because I acted too much like a guy????

2 comments:

  1. kalo kata borat HOW MUCH ? emang how much have you spend for .... ???

    ReplyDelete