Sunday, June 28, 2015

Happy Couple, Happy Life

There are only 2 couples that I adore and acknowledged as the best couples among all people that I've known. 

1. My cousin and her husband
Married in 2006 after years of dating in university, this couple shows me that marriage is not only for those who are desperate or want to have 'their own family'. Marriage is just something you do to be together with the one you love. This is what I want and they have it. 

They took their time living in a house that just belong to both of them. They go out to eat and hang out every week. Both of them love books and so they have their special time of reading books together *how lovely is that*. The husband is also very caring and understanding. Knowing that my cousin can't cook, he never forces her to learn. He also clean the house quietly while she's reading books in the sofa *she's like me, when we're reading, we don't know what's happening around us*.

They traveled around the world freely. They enjoyed their time there and they make sure that they have the trip each year. They are both accountants so they know how to manage their money, but even I know.. that NOT having a kid is actually a bliss to those who like to travel around.

They also have this schedule of visiting their parents every month. One weekend for hers and another weekend for his. Not all married couple -who already have kids- even remember to visit their parents every month, no?

This year they are trying though.. you know.. to have kid. Well, after 8 years of having the world for only the both of them, I'm very happy to know that I have the chance to get a nephew/niece. Seeing how they enjoy their marriage life so much makes me wonder.. maybe getting married is not so bad. I just hope that having a kid won't reduce their happy-&-free-life.

2. Eat Your Kimchi couple - Martina and Simon
So I know about this couple through the wonderful world of YouTube. I was into Korean variety shows and somehow I found this channel called "EatYourKimchi" that is hosted by a Canadian married couple who's living in Seoul named Martina and Simon. 
First I was just really like how they passed down their messages and their opinions on Korean weird stuff. But after watching them for months, I got to know their private life as well.. and it is inspiring. 

Martina has a rare disease which made her joints extremely easy to get dislocated. So every time she wakes up, she'll most likely to feel pain all over her joints. Knowing this, Simon, her husband, will massage her every morning, makes her breakfast, take care of her without complaint. How much love do you feel here??? 
Simon on the other hand, was friendless since he was 16 and when he met Martina, he fell in love instantly but was in the friendzone. Though shortly after, he dated Martina and got married to her. He wrote in his 'Draw Your Life' video that he's still don't believe he can get Martina to get married to him, that he feels like she was being tricked but he'll try to make her happy every single day. Aaaaww.... 

One thing they were asked by the subscribers, how to have a happy marriage like them. To that, they answered.. "Marriage is like a career and not just an achievement. It's not like 'well, I got married, that's it, work done, I'm not going to work at it anymore." So they make an effort everyday on how to get their partner happy. 
Another thing that hits as well is when they say, "We are married for 365 days a year, we're not just married 4 days a year. So it's not like it's my birthday, your birthday, Christmas day, Valentine's Day.. I'm gonna spend all this effort into making these days great for you and then be an asshole for the rest of the year!"

This is important, people!! This is what people should learn! Don't even ask "When will you get married.. you're so old now.. bla bla bla.." when you don't even have a glimpse of a truly happy marriage *married couple with kids! Bah! Somehow those people really like to spread misery to other people when we clearly can see how unhappy their life is.*

Anyway.. really somehow I feel happy just seeing this couple's video even when my relationship with Fugun is in a mess. If I can meet a man who's like this Simon person, man.... I'll be so loved for the rest of my life. 
For those who wants to check their channel, go to YouTube and type "EatYourKimchi." Their FAP-FAP and WTF videos are very entertaining :D

No comments:

Post a Comment