A late successful person once said, "Smart people plan too much when you don't need to plan anything. You don't need to have any target. Just be brave and do it." And though it worked well for him, I disagree with him.
With me, plan is my first priority in doing something. Yes, I do agree that when we plan too much without actually do it, it's useless. But if you just do something without any plan whatsoever, it's just plain dumb.
Imagine this, you invest everything you have on something. Yet you don't have any plan on what you want to do with it, you haven't done any analysis, checking or even have a back up plan if it fails. Well, you do have 50-50 chance of getting successful, but I'd say you might as well throw your money in the dumpster.
To be honest, I am more of a safety player than a risk taker. I'll never be a risk taker, that's why I need plan in whatever I do. But for me, it's proven to be the right thing to do.
Without
any intention of being cocky, I'm actually quite proud of myself. Not
all my friends have a life like mine and not all have plan in their
life. They just "go with the flow" while I'm more on the "what next?"
In work, I have target to be in front. My life goal is to be a C-level job (with its well-matched salary, of course) before I reach that point where I feel that I have enough money to settle down. Which... yes.. I also have an exact value target of how much money I must have until I feel 'enough' (inflation rate calculated).
I consider myself lucky in this work area as I started my career without any difficulty -thanks to my dad-, and then I was scouted by some big companies and have the opportunity to prove that I have the skill to get by and not just because of 'my dad's power' like people used to say.
Now I have a great job with the most awesome work time that envied by my friends and family members. I'm working with people who I can honestly say they are the smartest in what they do. I've never seen any company who have this many smart people. Again, I'm very lucky to be able to learn from those people.
In relationship and family, I have a very standard target. To live together with Fugun. To be able to give back to my parents. To do little nice thing for Earth everyday.
No, I don't have to have kids or to have my 'own family' cause I already have it -"my own family", that is-. My parents and my sisters. They are enough for me. With Fugun by my side, why do I ever need to create another human that may or may not harm mother-Earth?
In life, I just want to travel. That's why all I need is enough money to settle down. Someday I'll die, as well as all creatures in this world. So why not make it worth while?
To work hard every single day because you need to save money for your kids -who, btw, are not guaranteed to be that perfect nice kids who care enough about their parent's hard work when they grow up- is absolutely not my plan (or dream) of living.
Well, some people have called me 'egoist' when I told them about my plans. But, when I see their current life, I don't see how their life is better than mine. Thus, I don't have any reason to give up my plans and follow their 'path'.
Also, I've heard many times where people told me "You can plan, but God will decide." Oh come on.. I'm sure 'God' has more important thing to do than caring about every little thing I do in my life.
Surely, those people also are the ones who said that my current job is the work of God. OK, THANKS. What can I say? I'll never be able to say anything logical to those kind of people, right? Religions can't be explain by logic (they said). Thus, logical explanations will not work with religious people.
I'm free, I'm healthy, I have my family, Fugun, and my close friends, I have enough to live. Those are my plans and I've achieved it. Enough said.
mesti kombinasi lah... plan penting, tapi kadang ada tambahan modal nekad juga penting :)
ReplyDeletesetuju, emang perlu berani ambil resiko kalo mau maju 😁
DeleteYang di katakan oleh successful person itu berlaku untuk yang start from scratch.
ReplyDeleteBuat yang udah terlanjur ngerasain kuliah tinggi2 dan punya duit mah ga bakal anggap hal tsb masuk akal.
well, not really sih.. soalnya itu bisa aja applied untuk semua orang, even the smartest and the richest person in the world.
DeleteCuma biasanya memang org yg lg tertekan dengan situasi tp mau maju, yg berani ambil resiko tanpa mikirin planning, krn mereka ga punya waktu untuk rencana dan they may have nothing to lose.