Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Time doesn't stop for you

Okay, this will be another 'heavy' post. But bear with me.

I'm reading 'The Fault in Our Stars'. For those who don't know, it's a mainstream novel  about kids with cancer and their -normal- life. It's funny with, of course, a touch of romance and drama. But it's not your average chick-flick. It's a legit novel. Recommended.

Not finished yet, but totally hooked up on this one. Just need me 2 days to get to 3/4 of this novel which is -judging from my work and date schedule-, this means that the novel is awesome and it's worth my sleeping hours. 

So anyway, while reading it.. in a split second I realized this. Hey, we ARE just HUMAN. We WILL die someday. We don't know where, we don't know when, we don't know how. It's cliche, I know. We all know that. But how many of us really think about that? How many of us really living their life now? 

In the next second, I though of literally quitting my job. Yes, that well-paid, flexible, good job I have right now. And then the next second, I stopped myself. (I still need to pay stuff, right? I need money to live after all :p)

Not many novels have moved my heart let alone let me think about life -actual useful thought-. After reading this, I found how stupid humans are. Why do we fight if one day we're going to die anyway? Why do we have a war? Why do we need to state differences among humans -whether it's skin color, nation, religion, belief? Why? 
WE WILL DIE - ALL OF US.

Who are you to 'defend' your religion? 
Who are you to think that your belief is the right one?
Who are you to judge others?
Who are you?   
And let me ask.. Is it all worth it?

We make this 'war' among humans. We set the differences. Whether it's hatred, pity, judgment, it's still us who say that someone is different from us, that they're weird because they're not 'the same' as us. 
Like Westerns judge Asians, like Asians judge another fellow Asians, like Africans judge Westerns, and so on and so on. 

By focusing on this differences and just to live our routine day-by-day without much thought, you are actually losing your life. Time goes by so fast, you never realize it. Time is actually underrated.
You don't see that your parents are actually getting older by day. But you always say "Wow, it seems like I just gave birth to this child yesterday but now he's already crawling / walking." 

Because your parents were always there so you took them for granted while a kid is a new 'item' to your life. You already have 'your own family' and you're unconsciously neglecting your own parents. Your ORIGINAL family. Until they are gone, suddenly you say "Oh.. I miss my mom and dad. I wish they are still here."

You don't even have time to love your husband, your kid, your parents, your pet, your friends. But why do you have time to spread hatred? To judge people? 

It's really ironic for me that I just think about this -again-, you know.. about "living your life to the fullest", just because I read a book about people who have illness. Well, better late than never, right?

Let me quote a sentence from the book:
"We age slower when we move quickly versus standing still." 

So people, move your ass! Do something good! Think something good! Don't waste your time! 

*beres2 koper -mau travelling lagi-*

No comments:

Post a Comment