A break up is bittersweet.
There are practically 2 ways to face a break up and I have experienced both.
I broke up with my first love after a 2.5 years relationship and I took it hard. Although I was the one who ended the relationship, I was the one who's being replaced first. Months after the break up, I was sleepless, I couldn't eat, I couldn't laugh, I locked myself in my room (except to go to the uni). I was falling apart. I felt lost. I missed him so much, I tried to stalk him by hacking his emails (this is a bad habit for an IT graduate). The first time I saw his photo with his new girlfriend in Friendster, I took a bath at 2am. It's odd, yes. It is a super bitter break up for me, and maybe for him as well. Who knows.
The other way to face a break up is a good one. Recently I broke up with someone and 2 weeks after the break up, I literally saved around $400. Before, we dated everyday, we eat outside all the time and the cost of it is heartbreaking...to my bank account. Beside saving money, I also have time to work out and I don't eat out often anymore so I lost weight. I have more time with my family now I don't date. So this kind of break up is actually doing me good.
You can reflect on yourself and you can spend more time with yourself. Have a quality time with yourself. Pamper yourself. What's better than loving yourself after a break up?
A bitter break up doesn't mean that you're still in love with that person. It just means that you still have something lingering and it doesn't always have to be 'love'. For me, it's actually the feeling of being replaced. I couldn't get over the break up for 2 freakin' years because few months after the break up, the guy told me that his new girlfriend is "exactly like me but she's not independent."
Being replaced by someone 'exactly like you' sucks, but it's suck-er because he practically said that being independent is not attractive for a girl. And I transferred that bitter feeling to all spoiled girls in the world.
But after I met Fugun, I lost interest in the hatred towards spoiled girls. In fact, sometimes I become one of them whenever I'm with Fugun.
Same thing with a sweet break up. Yes, it is a wonder how losing someone makes you feel better. You actually can. By knowing that you have met them, spent a lot of time with them, it makes you a better person. You gained knowledge, you gained experience from them and vice versa. There is no regret.
A sweet break up means that you can actually separate from that person and you don't need to hate them. In fact, if it's a very sweet break up, you'll turn to be best friend after the break up. Because you know that they've known you a long time, they know the real you and you can trust them with all your secrets. Isn't it a waste to lost someone whom you can share everything with?
Love itself is bittersweet, break up from love is also bittersweet. But isn't it the beauty of falling in love and being in love?
No comments:
Post a Comment