Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Plan Ahead

Recently I have done some calculating, first about my age. After I found that bump on my body last holiday, I started to think about the rest of my life. 
I'm 7 days to 27 right now, say I can live up to 90 means that I have 63 years more to live. In my almost 27 years, I felt that I haven't been alive. Everything is so dull and boring. So I figure, at least I have to "live" more starting now. 

Then I imagined if I have $100 million then I can live as a rich lady for the rest of my life -dream on!- BUT -back to reality- last night I was talking to my parents and told them that if I have that $100 million and not married, I can stop working and start living my life without having the needs to earn money. They didn't say anything but apparently it hits my head. Surely, in my present life, I won't be able to achieve that number if I only earn what I earn now. Well, but to achieve a number of money that can make me to stop working and start living, I guess it'll take me around 14 years which means that by 40, I can retire because that means that using that money, I can pay all my expenses for the rest of 23 years.

That said, I won't be able to buy my own home, car, and get married or have kids. And God forbid, I need to take care of myself because there'll be no money for hospital. But I can go shopping and eat around and maybe travel around once a year.

.... ah.. why life is hard when you have goals >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment